Terms & Conditions:
Welcome to Dial-a-Dongle Scheme “Scheme” by participating in the Scheme, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions (the "Scheme Rules").
Definitions: For the purpose of these terms and conditions, the following words and phrases shall have the meaning respectively assigned to them as under: (a) “MTS” shall mean Sistema Shyam Teleservices Limited, Tamil Nadu Circle (b) “Scheme” shall mean Dial-a-Dongle Scheme conducted by MTS (c) “Customer” means any individual, company, proprietorship or partnership firm or other such party who is/are willing to avail the telecommunication services of MTS for a price (d) “Price” means the consideration that will be charged by MTS and payable by the customer at the time of delivery, based on the contemporary Dongle cost and data plan tariff opted by the customer (e) “Participant” means the Subscriber who fulfils the eligibility criteria and agrees with the Scheme Rules and participate in the Scheme (f) “Scheme” means Dial-a-Dongle Scheme (g) “24 hours” shall mean 24 working hours (h) “working hours” shall mean 8 working hours in a day, i.e. from 10.00 hours to 18.00 hours (i)”Dongle” means MTS data card with the provisioning of data services which shall be provided separately subject to the positive verification of Subscriber as per applicable DoT guidelines.
- Dongle will normally be delivered in 24 hours except for force majeure events, any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of MTS: by reasons of including without limitation, floods, riots, major strikes or bandhs, lock out, war, major civil commotion, fires, serious explosions, big epidemics, or act of God, etc.
- All Festival, National and Weekly Holidays shall not be counted in the 24 hours timeline.
- 24 hours clock starts, once a DST of MTS gets confirmation on full and clear postal address from the caller over phone.
- Dongle will be delivered in 24 hours, but activation of the same shall be subject to Customer submitting signed CAF with valid photo, Proof of Aaddress and Proof of Identity documents as stipulated by the Department of Telecommunication.
- At the time of delivery, Customer shall make payment to MTS of the price as defined above.
- Post-paid activation: Mere purchase of dongle will not entitle customer for the data services of MTS, service will be provided only upon positive customer verification\credit verification and subject to payment of applicable tariffs.
- If MTS fails to deliver Dongle within 24 hours, the customer will get Dongle free of cost, however data service will be provided as per applicable tariff.
- Negative verification of customer as mentioned above will disqualify customer to get free Dongle under the Scheme.
- Non-availability of the customer or his delegated representative at the given address shall not be considered as failure of delivery of Dongle within 24 hours. Further customer non- cooperative behaviour and reluctance to receive Dongle will not be considered as failure of delivery within the said 24 hours.
- This Scheme is applicable in the Corporation limits of Chennai city only.
- This Scheme shall not be applicable for the areas where MTS network is not available.
- MTS reserves the rights to withdraw, amend, and discontinue the Scheme any time without intimation and incurring any liability toward customer.
- MTS reserves all rights to reject any participation of customer on any ground which MTS may deem fit and appropriate.
- Notwithstanding anything, it is hereby specifically clarified that the Scheme is subject to the judgment of the Honourable Supreme Court of India dated 2nd February, 2012 wherein the Supreme Court has directed the quashing of, interalia, 21 telecom licenses granted to SSTL by Department of Telecommunication (DOT)-Government of India (“Supreme Court Judgment”). In the event SSTL’s telecom licenses are quashed pursuant to the Supreme Court Judgment, the Scheme shall automatically stand terminated. Upon aforesaid termination of the Scheme the Customer hereby waives any right to make, demand, enforce or seek to enforce any claim, right or remedy against MTS as a result of the Supreme Court Judgment.
- The decision of MTS shall remain final and binding on all concerned parties in the instance of any dispute arising with regards to this Scheme.
- These terms and conditions are governed by, and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of India. Any dispute arising out of or related to or connected with any these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Chennai.