For example, if you are calling from USA -
- To call any fixed line number in Mumbai please dial "011 91 22 (your home phone number)"
- To call mobile in Mumbai dial: "011 91 91xxxxxxxx"
International Access Codes* may vary from country to country.
Please refer to Annexure 1. for International access codes.
Using GSM phones while roaming
Switch off and then switch on the GSM handset to roam on GSM networks. In case you are unable to make calls, follow the steps given below:
- Power on the handset.
- Handset will log onto the GSM network.
- In case handset does not register: Go to the "International Roaming" Menu and choose "Roam1". The phone will prompt 'SIM Card update Starts'. Press "OK".
- Handset will register on the available network. This process will take few minutes.
- In case handset does not register: Go to the "International Roaming" Menu and choose "Roam2". The phone will prompt 'SIM Card update Starts'. Press "OK".
- The handset will register on the available network. This process may take a few minutes.
Dialing Plan while roaming on GSM networks
Dialing within the Visited Country
| To Landline
||<Area code> <Telephone number>
Dialing outside the Visited country
||<Area Code> <Telephone number>
For example, while calling from any foreign country,
- To call any fixed line number in Mumbai please dial "+ 91 22 "
- To call mobile in Mumbai dial: "+91 91xxxxxxxx"
For example, while smsing from any foreign country,
- To sms mobile in India, Mumbai sms at: "+ 91 9146xxxxxx "
- To sms mobile in UK, sms at: "+44 77xxxxxxxx"
Handset suitability in CDMA and GSM networks
You can use your MTS Mobile for roaming on CDMA roaming partner networks. A few handsets may require a binary upgrade. In case your handset is one of them, customer would be requested to visit the nearest service center and get their handset upgraded with the latest binary version. It is important to note that PRL must be downloaded on your MTS India mobile only after your handset is upgraded with the latest binary version.
Please refer to Annexure 3 for the list of handsets that require binary upgrade.
For roaming on GSM networks, please insert the MTS Globetrotter SIM in a suitable GSM handset.
- For accessing 900/1800 MHz networks, please use a dual band GSM handset.
- For accessing 1900 MHz networks, please use a Tri-band handset.
- For accessing 850 MHz networks, please use a Quad band handset.
- For accessing satellite networks customer need to use Satellite mobile.
Please refer to Annexure 4 for list of countries requiring Triband and Quadband handsets.
With MTS International Roaming you have acess to 433 networks in 231 countries.
For International Roaming network coverage click here.
To know the International Roaming network coverge available for MTS Prepaid subscribers click here.
World Roaming Tariff:
World Roaming with MTS Mobile gives most economical world roaming facility across the World.